During the Covid-19 Pandemic - Prayer and Worship
As we will be unable to physically meet during the Pandemic we are providing online digital resources via Social Media and the website.
These are regular Sunday and weekday reflectionsand resources which come with suggestions for Psalms and Readings to complement our ongoing pattern of Morning and Evening Prayer.
The resources are linked to below and previous Reflections, Sermons and Occasional Musings can be found on Bejamin's Blog.
- Weekly Guided Reflection at Pentecost
- Hymns and Prayers for Pentecost
- Weekly Guided Reflection - Seventh Sunday of Easter
- Hymns and Prayers for the Seventh Sunday in Easter
- A reflection on Ascensiontide from Michael Sadgrove
- Ascensiontide reflection
- Ascensiontide, Thursday 21st May 2020
- Weekly resources/reflection for the week beginning Sixth Sunday in Easter.
- Sixth Sunday of Easter - Morning Worship
- Prayer and Worship during the Coronavirus - an Update
- Weekly resources/reflection for the week beginning Fifth Sunday in Easter.
- Sunday morning resources for the Fifth Sunday in Easter
- VE Day - 75th Anniversary, Order of Service
- Sunday morning resources for the Fourth Sunday in Easter.
- Weekly resources/reflection for the week beginning Fourth Sunday in Easter.
- Children and Family Resources.
Our latest YouTube Video:
Psalms and Readings for Morning and Evening Prayer from Ascension Day to Pentecost
Thy Kingdom Comes Readings and Prayers (smaller at 530KB)
Thy Kingdom Comes Readings and Prayers Booklet (large at 4.85MB)
If you would like someone to pray for you, or with you, please
- text us on 07985 412542, or
- phone us on 01434 688196
This booklet contains...
- orders for Morning Prayer, which we'll be saying daily at 9am
- orders for Evening Prayer, which we'll be saying daily at 5pm
These services are ordinarily streamed live, and then available to follow later, on our Facebook page.
Here you will find recent blog content from Benjamn and Gill, some information about our Mission Action Plan and about a national initiative, Leading Your Church into Growth, which our parishes are embracing.
- Reflections, Sermons and Occasional Musings... (links to a separate page of this website)
- Mission Action Plan (at the foot of this page)
- Growing Church, Bringing Hope - Reflecting on the Vision (the Diocesan strategy) (external document opens in a separate window or tab)
- Leading your Church into Growth (links to the related website and opens in a separate window)
Parishes by the Wall - Historic Churches, Holy Spaces, Heavenly Places
The four churches of our parishes remind us of the abiding presence of communities of faith and Christian worship in this landscape for nearly two-thousand years. Through regular worship, events, and activity they continue to be places prayer and thanksgiving at the heart of our communities in which all of life is celebrated.
In our parishes, you will find many different ways of exploring our place in God’s story. Some of these will be in familiar Holy Spaces; such as the regular pattern of daily prayer or regular worship on a Sunday morning. Other Holy Spaces will be less familiar; like exploring faith in “God’s Tent” pitched amongst us, or in the craft and chaos of Storybook Church or Messy Church. Some Holy Spaces you will find for yourself, in the peace of our Churches and grounds, or the stillness of creation. Wherever or however you find peace and space in our Parishes we’d love to hear about it by email to the Vicar or through Twitter.
Our churches and the spaces we find are all held in the beauty of our landscape which continues to inspire lives of faith and wonder as it always has. These Heavenly Places are places of rest, of physical and spiritual explorations, and a vision of the plains of heaven we are privileged to call home.
Our Mission Action Plan (2016-19) acts as a focus for our activity in our Parishes for the coming three years. This booklet is an outline of what we have all helped shape – beginning with the ‘Mission Priorities’ identified at open meetings in early 2015, developed through everything we have done in the last two years, and clarified through the conversations that have taken place over recent months. You can download a copy here (but please note this is a big file at 10.6MB).